Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The End of the Beginning Part Two


Wild golden and supple wires wrinkle and wiggle atop my head as I bounce through a florescent tunnel. A musky sweet rain falls.  We’re in Orlando and my hair is already growing!
The last few days have been a blur. The last few hours with our host family were full of laughter and a few tears—Naohiro said it best “I’m not sad, but I have sadness inside…” I wouldn’t have ended my time in Denver in any other way. I spent Saturday at the house, dozing with animals on my lap and a book in hand. In the late afternoon I watched “City Lax” with Roxana and Naohiro and in the evening we went to dinner and saw “The King’s Speech.” Both movies are highly recommended. Roxana was kind enough to give me a copy of “City Lax.” Sunday we went the A-Basen for some last minute skiing, which was heavenly. The snow was soft and white just the way it should be. It was a joy to be on the mountain again. I enjoyed talking to Nao about skiing in the US vs skiing and Japan. I also coached him up and got him onto the backside into some steep stuff! As he would say… the angle was dynamic! I’d forgotten how much I enjoy teaching. Spending time with him over the course of this past month has been thoroughly enjoyable and provided for many teaching and learning moments…
Our first travel day has been exhausting and exciting… but I think I’ll leave it to my pictures to tell the story of our journey and the last few days…
Our completed cast flag!

I was supposed to be rehearsing. But dewy wanted to dance!

This is Joelle. She's an amazing dancer.
 The dressing room! (Pre-Show!!)
Green Room. (Getting pumped up pre-show!)

This is Petier our Ed. Cordinator. He's reading Dr. Seuss's 'Oh the Places You'll Go. It's a UWP Tradition.
For being the roommate who takes him here!
Naohiro's Thank you note to me...



Goodbye Denver!

This is Shannon and Oukje. They were roomates. :-)

We're waiting for the plane... laughter is wonderful. (Emma, Shannon, Joelle)
Airport transport faces! :-P

Welcome to Florida!!


Charlotte shoots...
She scores!


Before I forget! I have new roommates! Charlotte and Stine! (Stine kicked both our butts in Hockey...) Annnnd that's all she wrote folks! (Well for now at least!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment